6.23.2009

spinach

What to do with spinach. My hubby suggested a wonderful pasta that we've had before. I first made it for my friends Carey and Andrea while we were grading papers. It doesn't look like there will be enough sauce, but there will. Trust me. We're looking for a new house to rent. I have an ideal house in my mind, but know that we won't find something like that in downtown. Trying to figure out what I can live with and what I can't. Today I learned that it was scary bathtubs. Here's the recipe. Ziti with Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, and Gorgonzola Sauce Total time: 40 minutes. 4 ounces uncooked ziti 2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper 1 garlic clove, minced 6 tablespoons half-and-half 3 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled 1 cup fresh spinach 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. 2. Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cherry tomatoes, salt, crushed red pepper, and minced garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir in half-and-half and Gorgonzola cheese; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Stir in spinach and pasta; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, tossing occasionally. Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)CALORIES 335 (28% from fat); FAT 10.4g (sat 5.9g,mono 2.4g,poly 0.4g); IRON 2.6mg; CHOLESTEROL 26mg; CALCIUM 129mg; CARBOHYDRATE 49.9g; SODIUM 485mg; PROTEIN 12.3g; FIBER 3.6g Cooking Light, SEPTEMBER 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment