6.26.2009

rhubarb and dabling

I made these yummy muffins for our small group last night. They didn't turn out as planned (mostly crumbs), but were still a hit. If I were to make them again, I would lessen the sugar and probably use half and half instead of whipping cream. I had to use up the rhubarb from last week's delivery. We got all new veggies yesterday from Grant Farms. Lots more kale and spinach, but also some yummy strawberries and basil. I'm thinking there is some lasagna coming next week. We talked last night about James 4. It was tough, but really good. We shared a little bit about how we are trying to be different than the world. It was really encouraging to hear how my friends were being noticed at work and other places for being different. In the Message version, one of the verses said "quit dabbling in sin." It really convicted me and made me wonder where I have allowed sin to creep in and I don't think it's sin because it's not one of the "big ones." Definitely some things to think about. STRAWBERRY RHUBARB MUFFINS 1 cup strawberries, chopped 1 cup rhubarb, chopped 1 1/4 cups sugar 1/2 cup whipping cream 2 eggs, slightly beaten 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 3/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup butter, melted Sugar-cinnamon mix Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine strawberries, rhubarb and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cream, eggs and vanilla until well-blended. Add strawberry mixture to flour, baking powder and salt mixture. Add butter and stir just until mixed. Spoon into 16 greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mix. Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins. (Really makes way more muffins)

No comments:

Post a Comment