1.05.2013

on being a big brother

Dear Hudson,

You already are such a great brother.  You've been so excited for Miles to be born and love love him already.  You get so excited when he opens his eyes and run to tell us "brother open eyes".  You love to give him kisses and hugs and ask to hold him.  You've started wanting to hold his hand, which he is not a big fan of.  You're such a great helper and bring me burp clothes and blankets when I need them.

 We've had our ups and downs with the transition.  You, of course, don't like how much time I have to spend feeding him and that Miles wants to be held all the time.  You were definitely more whiny and had more meltdowns the first few weeks.  Those have thankfully been fading.  You're still pretty clingy at nap and bed time and want lots and lots of snuggles from Mommy.

I'm so excited for Miles to get bigger and you boys to get to play together.  I can't wait for the day you have bunk beds and share a room. 

I'm so proud of you!
Love,
Mommy

breakfast at Evie's house the morning Miles was born

opening big brother presents


big brother cars

No comments:

Post a Comment