6.16.2010

Dear Hudson, On the day you were born I fell in love. I knew I already loved you when you were growing inside me, but I didn't know I was capable of loving you even more. Daddy and I had been waiting for along time to meet you. At 5 am, on June 15th, I woke up with some pretty strong contractions. They were about 10 minutes apart and I knew this was it. I moved out to the living room and spent the morning sitting on the exercise ball and watching the Today Show. I took a shower at some point and got ready to go the the chiropractor when I threw up. So we decided to stay home. I continued to work through contractions on the exercise ball with your dad pressing on my lower back or hips. I tried to eat again, but just kept throwing up food. I was really tired so your dad suggested I go try to sleep for awhile. Sweet Sadie Puppy slept next to me in the bed for several hours. My contractions continued to progress until they were about 4 minutes apart. That's when your daddy suggested we go to the hospital. He packed us up and drove us the two blocks. We got checked in (which I did not enjoy) and then moved into our room. Our wonderful nurse suggested I labor in the shower on the exercise ball. We spent 3 hours!!!! in the shower. It was so hard, but so worth it. I didn't take anything for the pain but would not have made it without your dad and the shower. At about 6, I moved back to the bed and the nurse checked and saw that I was dilated to 9 centimeters. It was almost time to push. I started pushing at 6:30. I thought people said that pushing was easier than labor, but they were wrong. It was so hard and took so much effort. I was really hungry because I hadn't eaten anything since the night before. I ended up pushing for 2 1/2 hours, but at 8:51, you were born. You came out really quick as I yelled "get him out!" Then they put you on my stomach and I was in love. You were perfect. Daddy and I couldn't believe you were finally here. We spent that first hour just looking at you and taking it all in. You were a very healthy 8 pounds 6 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. Your head was perfectly round and you have very long fingers and toes. We started calling you our little monkey right away. I'm so glad you're mine! Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I love birth stories. Great job, mama! You should be very proud.
    Melissa P.

    ReplyDelete